Summer School “Modern Approaches towards Tourism – Applied Examples from Prague”
REGISTRATION IS OPENED, click HERE!
Prague (with field trips to other Czech cities), Czech Republic
The programme will be based on application of tourism. The whole programme will be based upon combination of classical tuition in classrooms combined with field trips.
Students will during this summer school experience:
- Magnificent city of Prague from the point of view of locals
- Attend following cities, where they will have an occasion to spend also some spared time: Prague
- Czech Republic is very safe and affordable country with low living expenses-see http://www.studyin.cz/living-costs/
- The goal of the program is to provide the students with an on-hand experience in designing touristic products in the wonderful city of Prague. The programme will be based on the mix of theoretic disciplines, mainly geography, culture, history and the theories of tourism with the practical application of this knowledge in Prague and some selected Czech cities.
- The curriculum was designed to provide a unique opportunity to experience Prague not as a mere place of a touristic visit, but also as an object of the study. It also makes possible cultural immersion through extracurricular activities including many field trips. Students are also integrated into the local life through numerous events, walking trips, fun and sports activities.
- At the beginning of the program, students participate in an intensive introduction to Czech culture as well as the orientation at the university, which is located at the very heart of Prague, and the city of Prague. The programme explains the way how to prepare touristic products and students will apply this knowledge on the cases in Prague.
- Field Trips are academically interlinked with in-class sessions and are designed to provide better understanding of the discussed issues. The program lecturers guide all of the following trips:
- Organizer: University College of Business, 5 ECTS credits
- Price: 990 EURO (price includes course fee and all course materials, accommodation and half board, welcome and farewell party, all transport to the field trips, entrance fees and non-stop students´ assistance). The price does not include the cost of a weekend trip).
- Deadline for applications and payments: 31. 7. 2019
- +420 731 689 963
Programme of the summer school
- 11 August 2019 – arrival to Prague, pick-up of participants from the airport, accommodation at the university dormitory – SEE
Organization of classes/instruction
- There will be 6 classes per 45 minutes a day, organized in 3 blocks per 90 minutes. Classes during the days of theoretical instruction are organized as follows:
- 9.00 – 10.30, 11.00 – 12.30 (1 hour lunch break) and 13.30 – 15.00
- However, half of the course will be done by field of field work and field trips, where different schedules shall apply.
Topics of Week 12 – 18 August 2019 (no tuition on weekend)
- The orientation of the students in Prague, introduction to the local context, introduction of course leaders and students' assistance, guided tour through the city center from the point of view of tourism products makers
- Tourism as a growing source for global economies
- Introduction to the Czech Republic, major historical events and personalities, visit of places related to these personalities (in Prague)
- Design marketing and management in tourism (lecture and workshop)
- Czech Republic in the current world – relations to neighbors, involvement in the EU and international organizations
- Greenway trails and eco-tourism in the countryside (Europe-Czech Republic). Trip to Karlstejn: workshop in the nature (How to design my research area from my Countryside) The main topic: Culture and Nature
- New approaches towards tourism
- UNESCO Heritage in Czech Republic and National system of preservation of culture monuments in Czech republic
Field trip border regions ASEB GRID ANALYSIS AND COMPARISON OF PLACES, DESIGN AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT
- Preparing tourism products in Prague – theoretical introduction
- Geocaching, city games and other forms of newer approaches towards tourism
- GUIDE TRIP TO PRAGUE CASTLE AND STRAHOV
- Destination management and marketing (best practices) or Social media in tourism
- SPSS useful tool for monitoring design of tourism development
- Experiences and feedback of summer school (Quality assessment)
Weekend 23 August 2019: the departure of students